grecian grilled steak
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 8 minutes
ready in: 18 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 2 (8 oz.) sirloin steaks
- 3 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Grill steaks, covered, 4–6 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F) or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, cut 2 of the lemons in half. Grill lemons, cut side down, 2–3 minutes.
- For the sauce, juice remaining lemon into a small bowl. Add oregano, oil, garlic and vinegar; whisk to combine.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak against the grain, and place on a platter. Spoon sauce on top, and serve with grilled lemons.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 290 calories, 18g fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 25g protein