greek chicken wraps
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
yields: 4 servings, 1 wrap each
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 10 inches)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Lightly brush chicken breasts with 2 teaspoon oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Broil or grill 4-5 inches from the heat for 6-9 minutes per side or until the internal temperature measures 165°F
- In a medium to large bowl, mix yogurt with garlic and oregano. Slice cooked chicken into thin strips and mix with yogurt sauce, blend well.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and place 1/4 of mixture on each tortilla. Add tomato slices and baby spinach. Wrap tightly.
per serving: 320 calories, 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, 8g dietary fiber, 32g protein