greek salmon sandwich
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 sandwich each
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 (4 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1 ½ teaspoons Greek seasoning
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 whole-wheat bread slices or ciabatta rolls, toasted
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 tomato slices
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat broiler to high. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. For the sauce, in a small bowl combine yogurt, dill and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice; mix well. Set aside.
- Place fillets, skin side down, on broiler pan. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice; season with Greek seasoning, and pepper to taste.
- Broil 5–8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place fillets on 4 of the bread slices. Top with shredded cabbage, tomato slices and sauce. Cover with remaining bread slices, and serve.
Per serving: 345 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 30g protein