green bean & potato salad
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lb. small red and/or purple potatoes, cut into 1/2x1x2x2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, onion, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet combine potatoes and 1 cup water. Place green beans on potatoes. Place skillet over high heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and green beans are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well.
- Add potatoes and green beans to yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Per serving: 60 calories, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugars, 3g protein