green leafy salad with grilled shrimp & vinaigrette
prep time: 15 minutes + marinade time
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 10 oz.. each
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced drained capers
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. shrimp, peeled & cleaned
- 1 lb. cleaned greens
- 8 oz. roasted red pepper
- Sliced English cucumber
Per Serving: 300 calories, 20g fat, 3g saturated fat, 175mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate 3g fiber, 25g protein
- Mash the garlic and kosher salt together to form a paste. Place in a small bowl and add the lemon juice, shallot, mustard, capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended. Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Marinate the shrimp in 1/2 cup of the dressing for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Grill the shrimp, then chill.
- Place the greens on the plate and arrange the shrimp, red pepper and English cucumber on top.
- Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Additional vegetables may be added as well as croutons.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.