grilled halibut with grilled mango salsa
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 9 minutes
ready in: 19 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6 oz.) halibut fillets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole mango, peeled
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season halibut with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sear Halibut until cooked, about 3–3½ minutes per side or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Cut the mango around the core making 4 large pieces, discard the core.
- Lightly oil flesh of mango with remaining oil and place on grill. When there are visible grill marks, remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Dice mango and add to salsa and spoon on top of fish.
- Serving Suggestions: Rice and stir fried vegetables.
per serving: 430 calories, 29g fat, 5g saturated fat, 85mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 13g sugars, 28g protein