grilled mango cooler
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled, grated gingerroot (optional)
- 1 pint raspberry or pineapple sorbet
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh raspberries
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Cut mangoes in half lengthwise from stem end just off-center on both sides to remove pits. Peel mangoes and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, lime zest and (if desired) ginger; sprinkle on cut sides of mango halves, pressing lightly to coat. Place mango halves, sugared side down, on grill. Grill, covered, 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Place 1 mango half in each of 4 small dessert bowls. Add 1 or 2 scoops of sorbet, sprinkle with toasted coconut, top with raspberries, and serve.
Per serving: 220 calories, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 45g sugars, 1g protein