grilled salmon salad with oranges
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2½ cups each
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 3/4-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skin removed
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried and chilled
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeds removed and cut in sections
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill for direct medium heat.
- In a small saucepan heat together orange juice concentrate, sugar, thyme and garlic, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3–4 minutes until thickened; add oil.
- Brush 1 side of salmon with half of glaze. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Place salmon, glazed side down, on grill rack, 4–5 inches from heat. Cook about 4 minutes.
- Brush top side of salmon with remaining glaze. Turn salmon and continue to cook until salmon is opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Divide spinach and oranges among 4 dinner plates.
- Cut salmon into 4 pieces and place atop spinach.
per serving: 260 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 24g protein