grilled salmon skewers
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 skewer each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 (8 oz.) salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 small white mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F).
- For the basting vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, agave nectar, Dijon, lemon zest and juice; set aside.
- Thread fish, mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers.* Season skewers with pepper to taste.
- Grill skewers, covered, 3 minutes per side, turning occasionally. Brush with vinaigrette and continue grilling 2–4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
*If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
Serving Suggestion: Serve over a salad or rice.
Per serving: 172 calories, 10g fat, 1g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g sugars, 16g protein