grilled salmon with broccolini
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7.5 oz. each
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 4 (4 oz.) salmon fillets, 3/4-inch thick
- 3/4 lb. broccolini, stems removed
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar with basil and oregano
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the oil plus lemon zest and one-third of the minced garlic. Brush on fillets.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high (400°F–450°F). Place fillets, skin side down, on grill. Grill 8–10 minutes, without turning, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill; cover and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet bring 2 cups water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add broccolini; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Transfer broccolini to a large bowl of cold water.
- Discard cooking water from skillet. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add remaining oil. Add shallot and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; cook 2 minutes or until shallot is softened. Add tomatoes and remaining garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tomato skins begin to shrivel. Return broccolini to skillet; add vinegar and remaining lemon juice. Cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salmon.
- Serving Suggestion: steamed white or brown rice
per serving: 220 calories, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 24g protein