grilled sausage pasta salad
prep time: 20 minutes + refrigeration time
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 4 hours, 40 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 8 oz. small shell pasta
- 3 links Nature’s Promise Sun-dried Tomato & Basil chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain and shock.
- Grill the chicken sausage until cooked through, set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic. Add the basil and stir to incorporate.
- Once sausage has cooled, chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, chopped sausage, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper and Parmesan cheese with the dressing.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Season to taste with additional ground black pepper, if desired.
Per serving: 250 calories, 11g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 12g protein