- In a zip top bag or casserole dish, marinate vegetables (onions, peppers, and tomatoes) in balsamic dressing for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill vegetables until lightly charred on each side (6–10 minutes). The tomatoes will need less time. Let rest on cutting board until cool enough to handle.
- Grill sausage links until cooked through to an internal temperature of 160°F. Turn sausages to get grill marks on all sides.
- Lightly grill split bun if desired.
- Chop onions, peppers, and tomatoes to make a relish topping. Mix in fresh herbs.
- Spread stone ground mustard on each hoagie roll. Place a sausage in each roll and top with grilled vegetable relish.
per serving: 510 calories, 21g fat, 5g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 1000mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 13g sugars, 21g protein