grilled shrimp and spinach salad
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 4 minutes
ready in: 19 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 6 bacon slices, cooked, crumbled
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F).
- Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers.* Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill skewers 2 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque. Remove from grill; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together orange juice, honey, vinegar, mustard and ginger. Whisk in oil until well-combined.
- Add spinach and bacon; toss to combine.
- Place salad on 4 individual plates, top with shrimp skewers, and serve.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
per serving: 270 calories, 20g fat, 4g saturated fat, 120mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g sugars, 17g protein