grilled shrimp with pasta and sun dried tomatoes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 9 oz. each
- 2 lb. raw shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 12 whole sun dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh black olives, halved and pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil + additional sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoon butter, cut into eights
- 4 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Lemon wedge, for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Peel and devein shrimp and remove their tails. Thread the shrimp on skewers, season with pepper to taste and grill for 3–4 minutes per side over medium heat.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and put it into a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, olives, garlic, capers, basil, pine nuts, and butter and toss well. Season with pepper to taste, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl, garnish with the lemon wedges and basil leaves. Serve with grated Romano.
Per Serving: 390 calories, 11g fat, 4g saturated fat, 160mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 27g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.