grilled spicy pork chops
prep time: 5 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 8 minutes
ready in: 23 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 3½ oz. each
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 (8–10 oz.) bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, chili powder, thyme, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste. Rub evenly on both sides of chops. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Grill chops, covered, 4–6 minutes per side or until an instant read thermometer registers 145°F.
- Transfer chops to a platter; let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 325 calories, 18g fat, 6g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 3g sugars, 34g protein