grilled vegetable pasta salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 large yellow squash, cut lengthwise into slices 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 red onion slices, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. farfalle
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Brush squash, fennel, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetables on grill. Grill, covered, 10 –12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and transfer to a cutting board; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Chop grilled vegetables; add to pasta. Add tomato, basil and remaining oil; toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with Parmesan (if desired). Serve warm or chilled.
Per serving: 130 calories, 6g fat, 0g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein