grilled watermelon–arugula salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 6 minutes
ready in: 16 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 ½ lb. seedless watermelon, cut into 4 wedges (1/4 whole watermelon)
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). For the dressing, in a small, covered container combine oil, lime juice, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and shake to mix. Set aside.
- Grill watermelon 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut watermelon into cubes; discard rind. Place arugula on 4 salad plates. Top evenly with watermelon cubes, Parmesan and pine nuts. Drizzle with dressing, and serve.
Per serving: 255 calories, 18g fat, 4g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 7g protein
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free