prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 pocket each
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 cup diced cooked lean ham
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until soft.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll out each piece into a 10-inch square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise to form eight 5-inch squares.
- Divide ham mixture evenly among the eight squares, and season with pepper to taste. Top with cooked onion, cheese and spinach.
- Fold the four corners up over the filling and pinch edges together to seal. Place each pocket on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and reheat in microwave. Suggestion: Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
per serving: 190 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 8g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.