herb cream cheese stuffed salmon burger
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 burger each
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks and divided
- 3 Tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced cilantro (or use your favorite fresh herbs: dill, oregano, chives, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Assorted toppings: sliced red onion, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
- Preheat grill to medium high. Place 3 oz. salmon in a food processor and pulse to grind; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining chunked salmon, onion, egg, panko, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice; blend well. Form 8 thin patties and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend cream cheese, minced garlic, herbs and garlic salt together.
- Place 2 tablespoons of herbed cream cheese onto the center of 4 of the patties; top with the remaining 4 patties. Press along the edges of the patties to seal; brush patties with olive oil.
- Grill 3–5 minutes each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve on top of buns with toppings of choice
per serving: 410 calories, 21g fat, 7g saturated fat, 155mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 40g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.