herbed beef tenderloin
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 60 minutes ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes makes: 6 servings, 5 ounce each
- 1 well-trimmed center-cut beef tenderloin roast (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat oven to 425°F.With the point of a knife, make small slits and insert a sliver of garlic into each slit, evenly distributing over the surface of the roast.
- Pat thyme, rosemary and pepper onto roast. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 425°F oven 35– 40 minutes for medium rare; 45 – 50 minutes for medium doneness. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium.
- Tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes (temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Slice 1/4-inch thick and transfer to a warmed serving platter. Garnish with parsley.