prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes
makes: 11 servings, 9 oz. each
- 1 lb lasagna, uncooked
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- dash nutmeg (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions, drain.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, breaking meat into small pieces, drain. Add spaghetti sauce to meat and heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, mozzarella, nutmeg and 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1/4 of the sauce mix in bottom of a lasagna pan or baking dish. Cover with 1/3 of pasta pieces. Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over pasta. Repeat sauce, pasta and cheese mixtures twice and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered at 350ºF for 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
per serving: 440 calories, 15g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 49g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 27g protein