lime fiesta chicken salad
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 ½ cups each
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim fat from chicken & pound to an even thickness. Lightly coat baking dish with oil or cooking spray. Sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides of chicken breast & bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Cool slightly & slice into bit-sized pieces. Combine chicken, avocado, corn, tomatoes, onion & cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with lime juice & zest & toss gently to coat evenly.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Arrange vegetables & chicken over lettuce.
per serving: 230 calories, 10g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 27g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.