mahi mahi with tomato & spinach relish
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 lb. Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, for zest and juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced Vidalia onion
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with oil. Arrange fish on baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon zest and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, add olive oil and sauté onions until translucent. Stir in brown sugar and continue to sauté.
- Add lemon juice, tomatoes, spinach and basil. Sauté until spinach is warmed and just starting to wilt.
- Top baked Mahi Mahi with tomato and spinach relish.
- Suggestions: Serve with diced russet potatoes baked with parsley. Add fresh blueberries as a sweet and satisfying dessert.
per serving: 190 calories, 4.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 85mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g sugars, 23g protein