- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and eggs.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the icing, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Blend in vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on cooled cake.
per serving: 430 calories, 22g fat, 11g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein