prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
ready in: 55 minutes
makes: 16 servings, 1 slice each
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup pecans
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and eggs.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the icing, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Blend in vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on cooled cake.
per serving: 430 calories, 22g fat, 11g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein