mustard glazed pork tenderloin
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine 1 tablespoon of the mustard with the salt and pepper in a small bowl; rub all over pork. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven or transfer pork to roasting pan, and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 145&;F and juices run clear, about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer pork to cutting board, let rest for 3 minutes. Place skillet over medium heat, and vinegar and boil, scraping up any bits from pan with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in maple syrup and remaining 3 tablespoons mustard; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve sliced pork with sauce.
per serving: 240 calories, 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 25g protein