pasta primavera with chicken meatballs
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 9 oz. each
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or amount listed on fettuccine mix package)
- 1 pkg. (4.8 oz.) creamy Parmesan fettuccine mix
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, breadcrumbs, pesto, and ground pepper to taste; mix gently. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 8 minutes, turning occasionally until all sides are browned.
- Add vegetables, milk, and water as listed on fettuccine mix package. (Do not add oil if listed on package.) Bring to boiling.
- Stir in fettuccine and seasonings from package; add 1/2 cup water. Simmer, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, stirring frequently. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes to thicken. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve.
per serving: 380 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 68mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 35g protein