pasta with fresh tomatoes & pork
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 15 ounces each
- 8 oz. Nature's Promise® whole wheat linguine
- 12 oz. Nature's Promise® pork tenderloin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil cut into thin strips or 1 Tbsp dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, slice tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork slices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet. Cook remaining pork in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remove from skillet.
- Add garlic, onion and fennel to skillet and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until onion is slightly tender.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Return pork to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve pork and tomatoes over pasta and top with basil.
per serving: 420 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 53g carbohydrates, 8g dietary fiber, 27g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.