peanut butter eggs
prep time: 20 minutes + Refrigeration time cook time: 0 minutes ready in: 50 minutes makes: 36 servings, 1 egg each
- 1 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All Vegetable Shortening, divided
- 3 cups OB Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Nestlé Tollhouse Chocolate Morsels
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Line Baking Sheet with wax paper. Beat peanut butter, ¼ cup shortening and sugar in large bowl.
- Form mixture into 24 egg shaped mounds. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining shortening in microwave-safe bowl on high 30 seconds, stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Dip each egg into chocolate to coat completely. Return to prepared baking sheet.
- Chill 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 150 calories, 9g fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 16g sugars, 2g protein