grilled steak and pepper salad with pears
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 2 cups (4 oz.) whole wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 oz. boneless choice beef top sirloin
- 2 Bartlett pears
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 Tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup white grape juice or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian herb blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, grape or apple juice, salt herb blend and olive oil.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, rinse in cool water.
- Heat grill, rub peppers with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Grill whole peppers, turning as needed until skin begins to brown and bubble. At the same time, grill beef sirloin to desired doneness, turning once. Remove from grill, let cool slightly.
- Slice peppers into strips, discarding seeds and stem. Curt sirloin across the grain into thin slices. Slice pears into thin wedges.
- Toss arugula and pasta in large bowl. To serve, evenly divide pasta-arugula on four plates, arrange beef, peppers and pears on top, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
per serving: 390 calories, 12g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 44g carbohydrates, 7g dietary fiber, 27g protein