plum and blackberry crumble foil packet
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 large lemon)
- 4 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cups blackberries, halved
- 4 plums, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned style oats
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and flour until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and brown sugar; toss blackberries and plums in mixture until fruit is coated.
- Pour fruit mixture onto 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the topping. Add the butter, mixing by hand, until small crumbles form.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit* and cook for 20 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden.
- Remove packets from heat; let stand 5 minutes before opening. *If preparing ahead of time, wait to top the fruit with the crumb mixture until you are ready to cook the packets.
per serving: 200 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 40g carbohydrates, 7g dietary fiber, 18g sugar, 5g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.