pork chops with bell peppers
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 9 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless or 2 lb. bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Sprinkle pork chops with black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes each side, then remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, onion and bell peppers and cook until just tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in vinegar and oregano.
- Return chops to skillet and cover with vegetables. Place lid on skillet and simmer until vegetables are soft and chops are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in olives before serving.
Suggestion: Serve with a side of pasta or rice.
Per Serving: 290 calories, 18g fat, 6g saturated fat, 75mb cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 23g protein