porterhouse with roasted garlic pesto
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4.5 oz. each
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1¾ lb. porterhouse steak, 1-inch thick
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). For the garlic pesto, cut the top off the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Place on a sheet of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle garlic with oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap foil around garlic; seal.
- Place garlic packet on grill. Grill 30 minutes or until very soft. Squeeze garlic from cloves into a small bowl; add oil and rosemary from foil. Stir in Parmesan; set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste; place on grill. Grill 7–9 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F) or to desired doneness. Remove from grill. Spread steak with garlic pesto, allow to rest 5 minutes, cut and serve.
per serving: If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free