prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 single pie crust recipe
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 3/4 cups half and half, light cream or milk*
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare and roll out single pie crust recipe. Line a 9" pie plate with the pastry dough; trim. Crimp edge as desired.
- For filling: in a bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually add half and half; stir until just combined.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edges of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill within 2 hours.
Note:*Fat-Free half-and-half or fat-free evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed) may be used.
per serving: 250 calories, 13g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 5g protein