quinoa salad with shrimp and peppers
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time:: 10 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 lb medium pre-cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Cook quinoa per package instructions. Heat olive oil In a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and pepper and cook until tender.
- Add minced ginger and garlic and sauté for an additional 2–3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add shrimp, cooking until warm.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa and lime juice. Add shrimp mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Can be eaten warm or cold.
per serving: 260 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 18g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.