rainbow shrimp stir-fry
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8½ oz. each
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
- Sliced green onions (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste; add to wok. Stir-fry 2–3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Transfer shrimp to a platter.
- Add carrots and bell peppers to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to wok; add stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry just until heated through. Season with pepper to taste, sprinkle with green onions (if desired), and serve.
- Suggestion: Serve with steamed rice or a side of pasta
per serving: 185 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 1065mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 8g sugars, 16g protein