roasted beet and corn salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 lb fresh beets
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed or canned corn, drained
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, trim and peel beets, then slice into wedges. Place beets and corn on separate baking sheets. Coat each evenly with oil.
- Roast corn for 20 minutes and beets for 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine in a medium/large bowl with spinach, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar and shallot. Season with pepper to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled.
per serving: 90 calories, 3g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 4g sugars, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.