roasted cauliflower & pumpkin salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 5 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the pumpkin and cauliflower pieces in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and arrange in one layer on a baking sheet. Roast the pumpkin and cauliflower for 45 minutes.
- Whisk together vinegar and apple cider until well mixed. Gradually add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, whisking continuously until oil has been completely mixed in.
- Place 1 cup of spinach on each plate and top with roasted vegetables, chickpeas and dried cranberries. Spoon dressing over each serving and sprinkle with pepper.
per serving: 260 calories, 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 42g carbohydrates, 7g dietary fiber, 19g sugars, 7g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.