roasted cod with mushrooms
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 6 serving, 6 oz. each
- 1 ½ lb. cod fillet
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups quartered white mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
Per Serving: 180 calories, 8g fat, 2g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 22g protein
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange cod in shallow roasting pan. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
- Pour half of the margarine or butter over cod and turn to coat. Combine remaining ingredients and arrange in pan.
- Roast 20 minutes or until cod flakes with fork. To serve, arrange cod and roasted vegetables on platter.
- Serve with brown rice.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.