roasted corn and black bean nachos
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 17 minutes
ready in: 37 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 5 oz. each
- 1/2 (14 oz.) pkg. tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby–Jack cheese
- 2 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread tortilla chips (overlapping slightly) in a 15x10-inch baking pan or a large pizza pan. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place corn on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs, should yield about 1 cup of kernels.
- Add corn to skillet; cook 7–10 minutes or until lightly browned and kernels begin to “pop,” stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon corn evenly over tortilla chips. Top with black beans, bell pepper and remaining cheese. Bake 10 –12 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Per serving: 320 calories, 16g fat, 6g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g sugars, 12g protein