salmon fillet with horseradish sauce
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried tarragon or 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- extra tarragon for garnish (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil salmon 4 to 5 inches from heat source, cooking about 10 minutes per inch, turning once.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, horseradish, mustard and tarragon together.
- Serve horseradish sauce over salmon and sprinkle with extra tarragon for a garnish.
per serving: 190 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated Fat, 70mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 23g protein