salmon with avocado, tomato and cucumber salsa
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1 cup seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 lime, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, green onion, cilantro and garlic. Sprinkle with juice and zest from half of the lime and toss gently to combine. Salsa may be made one hour ahead and kept at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush salmon with oil, sprinkle with black pepper and cumin.
- Grill over direct heat 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve salmon with salsa. Slice remaining half of lime into 4 wedges for garnish.
- Suggestion: Brush both sides of Italian or French bread slices with olive oil. Grill over indirect heat on each side until lightly browned. Top with salsa and serve with salmon.
per serving: 260 calories, 14g fat, 2g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g sugars, 25g protein