scallop, arugula and edamame salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. sea scallops (about 12 large scallops)
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed*
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, pat scallops dry with paper towels. Working in batches if needed, place scallops in skillet. Cook 2–3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drizzle scallops with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and remove skillet from heat.
- In a large bowl combine arugula, edamame, tomatoes, carrots and almonds; toss to combine. Place salad on 4 plates. Top each salad with scallops, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and remaining lemon juice. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve.
*Shelled edamame is available in the frozen foods section. Thaw in the microwave on HIGH about 1 minute.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of crusty garlic bread.
Per serving: 280 calories, 10g fat, 1g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 6g sugars, 33g protein