secret crush crunch
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 0 minutes ready in: 20 minutes makes: 12 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 6 cups plain air popped popcorn
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 3 cups honey nut oat cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts*
- 2 Tablespoons red, pink or multicolored sprinkles
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Spread popcorn out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. With an adult’s help, pour melted chocolate into a piping bag (or zip-top freezer bag). Snip the ends of the bag to make a tiny hole (if using freezer bag, snip corner) and drizzle all over popcorn.
- While chocolate is still wet, top popcorn with dried cherries, honey nut cereal and peanuts. Drizzle again with a little more chocolate and sprinkles. Toss mixture so everything sticks together.
- Let chocolate dry. Then, break popcorn up into small clumps and store in a large jar, bag or covered bowl. To serve at parties or give out as Valentines, measure popcorn into Valentine’s Day cupcake liners, wrap in plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon.