secret crush crunch
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 6 cups plain air popped popcorn
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 3 cups honey nut oat cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts*
- 2 Tablespoons red, pink or multicolored sprinkles
*make sure no one has peanut allergies before handing out at a party or to your friends! If someone does, simply leave out the peanuts.
per serving: 200 calories, 8g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 16g sugars, 4g protein
- Spread popcorn out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. With an adult’s help, pour melted chocolate into a piping bag (or zip-top freezer bag). Snip the ends of the bag to make a tiny hole (if using freezer bag, snip corner) and drizzle all over popcorn.
- While chocolate is still wet, top popcorn with dried cherries, honey nut cereal and peanuts. Drizzle again with a little more chocolate and sprinkles. Toss mixture so everything sticks together.
- Let chocolate dry. Then, break popcorn up into small clumps and store in a large jar, bag or covered bowl. To serve at parties or give out as Valentines, measure popcorn into Valentine’s Day cupcake liners, wrap in plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.