shrimp and scallop linguine
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 oz. each
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1 Tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1–2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and brown scallops for 1–2 minutes on each side; add to shrimp. In the same skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and shallots and saute for 1 minute.
- Chop tomatoes, stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, basil, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops back to pan until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and divide evenly among bowls. Top with seafood mixture and sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
per serving: 450 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 145mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 8g sugars, 39g protein