slow cooker beef stroganoff II
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
ready in: 8 hour 15 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 8 ounces each
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 ½ lb top round steak, cut into strips
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup red wine, grape juice or water
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 6 oz. egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add steak to skillet in batches, 1/3 at a time, and sauté until browned. Transfer browned steak to slow cooker.
- In same skillet, sauté onions in 1 teaspoon oil and transfer to slow cooker.
- Use remaining oil to sauté mushrooms and garlic and transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce and hot water and add to skillet, stirring to scrape up browned bits, then pour liquid into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wine with the flour and pour over beef. Stir in the sour cream, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Serve meat over cooked noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
per serving: 350 calories, 11g total fat, 4g saturated fat,100mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 27g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 32g protein