smokey country style ribs
prep time: 50 minutes
cook time: 2 hours
ready in: 2 hours, 50 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 3 lb. pork country-style ribs
- Garlic salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking by banking the charcoal around the edges of a covered grill or heat gas grill to 300-350°F.
- Sprinkle ribs with garlic salt and ground pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, keep warm.
- Grill the ribs for 1½ - 2 hours, basting with sauce every 30 minutes.
- Bring remaining sauce to a boil for at least 1 minute and serve with ribs.
per serving: 450 calories, 19g fat, 7g saturated fat, 145mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 44g protein