spiced raisin oatmeal cookie
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 27 minutes
makes: 48 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda and add to the butter mixture; stir just until combined.
- Stir in oats, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature on cookie sheets. Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
per serving: 100 calories, 4.5g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 8g sugars, 2g protein