spicy latin grilled spareribs
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 45 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 4 lb. pork spareribs, sliced into 2-rib sections
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place ribs in an 8 quart saucepan and barely cover with cold water. Heat water to boiling over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl
- Drain and slightly cool ribs. Rub ribs with herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Grill ribs over medium-low coals in a closed grill for 20 minutes until heated through, turning once midway through grilling time.
- Serve with grilled corn on the cob and creamy cole-slaw from the deli
- The ribs may be precooked, coated with the rub, covered and refrigerated for 24 hours prior to grilling.
per serving: 590 calories, 44g carbohydrate, 16g saturated fat, 170mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 42g protein