spicy shrimp with broccoli stir fry
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 32 minutes
makes: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 2 lbs raw shrimp)
- 12 oz. pkg fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a medium bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, vinegar, water, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and stir to coat shrimp well. Cover and reserve in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- If necessary, cut broccoli florets into uniform size pieces.
- Heat a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add reserved shrimp mixture and continue to stir-fry until shrimp turns opaque throughout and vegetables are tender-crisp, an additional 5-6 minutes. Serve immediately with hot rice.
per serving: 260 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 210mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 30g protein