spinach and tomato spaghetti squash
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 ½ cup each
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 4 lbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups raw spinach, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 30 min in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted into the squash with little resistance. Remove from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion until tender. Add garlic and spinach and cook for 2–3 more minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until they are warm and slightly tender. Use a large spoon or a fork to remove the stringy inner flesh from the squash. Place in a medium size bowl and toss with the sautéed vegetables, parmesan cheese, olives and basil. Serve warm.
per serving: 200 calories, 10g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 9g sugars, 9g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.